If you’re looking for an easy skincare solution to keep your skin hydrated, a facial oil is the answer. Facial oils have grown in popularity over the last couple of years, and many swear by their restorative benefits. But with so many brands and types of facial oils on the market, where should you start? In this blog post, we’ll go over why you should use facial oil, how it works, and some of the best oils to look for in products.
Benefits of Facial Oil
Face oils are packed with hydrating ingredients that help keep your skin moisturized throughout the day. They also help reduce redness caused by dryness or irritation. Many contain antioxidants like Vitamin E which helps fight free radicals and repair damage from pollution or UV rays. Face oils can also balance out your skin’s natural oils, reducing sebum production as well as evening out your complexion. Plus, they’re typically lightweight and non-greasy, making them easy to incorporate into any skincare routine without feeling too heavy or clogging pores.
The Best Natural Oils to Use
When selecting a facial oil for your skincare routine, it's important to consider what type of skin you have and what kind of benefits you’re looking for. Here are some popular oils that are suitable for all skin types:
- Rosehip Seed Oil - Rich in essential fatty acids which help restore elasticity while calming inflammation. It also has healing properties which help fade scars and blemishes.
- Jojoba Oil - While technically a wax, not an oil, it's similar to our own natural sebum so it doesn't clog pores but helps regulate our own sebum production while deeply hydrating the skin.
- Argan Oil - Contains Vitamin E which fights free radicals and repairs damaged skin cells caused by environmental stressors like pollution or sun damage. Also helps even out the complexion while providing deep hydration without feeling greasy or heavy on the skin.
- Grape Seed Oil - Full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin E, linoleic acid, and beta-carotene, it helps to protect the skin from environmental damage while also promoting cell turnover.
- Avocado Oil - Is rich in vitamins A & D as well as omegas 3 & 6 fatty acids which help protect against environmental stressors while providing intense moisture without clogging pores or leaving behind residue on the skin's surface.
The Bottom Line
Facial oils are an effective way to add extra hydration into your skincare routine while providing additional benefits like fighting free radicals and repairing damage from UV rays or pollution exposure—all without feeling heavy or greasy on the skin! With so many different types of face oils available, it’s important to determine what type of benefits you want before selecting one that best suits your needs. We hope this guide helped provide some insight into why using a facial oil can benefit your skincare regimen!